Friday, September 5, 2014

One of these quotes is not like the others...

There are things that used to make me really angry that nowadays just get me depressed.

But anyway... 5 quotations presented for your consideration. All are from political officeholders, but only one is from a Vermont State Representative.

1. "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson

2. "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

3. "If there is anything that links the human to the divine, it is the courage to stand by a principle when everybody else rejects it." - Abraham Lincoln

4. "Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. 


- John Odum

1 comment:

  1. "If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein."

    http://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/319/624#writing-USSC_CR_0319_0624_ZO

    ReplyDelete